3.23.2012

Hike with Doug & Dawn

Hello to you all. I thought with this post I would take a breather from the "pregnancy madness." Lately it feels as if it is all I can think or talk about. It is hard for me to believe that less than nine months ago my world didn't revolve around the arrival of a baby.

Here I would like to introduce you to our sweet friends Doug and Dawn. Tom has known these two for years, but just getting to know them myself I now have the pleasure of calling them friends.

Dawn and I have become recent walking buddies. Our neighborhood is scattered with walkers, bikers, joggers, CC skiiers, dogs and strollers of all shapes and sizes. The community here in Crested Butte is mixed bag of outdoor enthusiaists - everyone has their cup of tea - and with the bluebird skies and warm sunny days we've been having lately everyone is out and about.

I have so enjoyed my time spent with Dawn walking and talking. It's nice to breath the mountain air and have some quality girl time where we can talk about it all - past, present, and future joys and trials that make us who we are.

A few Sundays ago - before the arrival of any guests - Doug and Dawn invited Tom and I on a small hike up Cement Creek Road. Thanks to Doug and Dawn we ended up taking my Dad and sister Amanda on the same hike during their visits. Here are some pictures from that first hike.





This was a great afternoon!!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment