7.01.2010

It's 4th of July Weekend!

Time to break out everything red, white and blue. I have to say, the 4th of July, I love. There is something so nostalgic about this holiday, that takes me right back to my childhood. and it is sweet. Block parties, pool days, cookouts, neighbors and our own firework display (the parachute firework was my favorite... where the firework goes off and then this little army man falls down from the sky attacted to his very own coffee filter:) It was great... and I could run fast.

This year I plan on spending the weekend on Lake Murray, again, with family parties and cookouts. We've got a close knit group of Chapinites that know, this is what we do. Nothing has to be planned, we just gather accordingly, like clockwork. The great thing about the grown up celebration is: a) I am 21. and b) the grown up firework display. It's held every year and I've been watching it for some time now. Saturday evening we'll be tuning our radio to the station that plays everything American and watching the fireworks light up the lake. (catch: no parachute firework).


Need ideas for a festive fourth? I took the liberty ;) of gathering some inspiration, from where else, but etsy. I hope you, too, have a fun and safe weekend celebrating America the beautiful!




a red, whtie and blue

happy weekend,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment