12.17.2010

Take a hat.

Sooo, my sisters and I have been planning a trip New York City over the holidays. But as it turns out, Megan and Amanda have opted for a shorter trip to DC... and now I am left with the decision of either riding the bus by myself to NYC and visiting a dear friend Danielle (on her 25th birthday!) ~or~  just going with the flow and exploring the DC area. I love having a plan, but sometimes... plans just don't work out.

Either way, I will need a hat. 
I love wearing one + it is going to be quite chilly compared to what I'm used to.
I've already purchased mine at Belk. It is black and will go with anything... but oh la la, did my eyes stumble upon something magnificent this afternoon... on etsy!

talk about a hat.









About the Artist: "Behida Dolić was born in a small village in northern Bosnia in 1982. Behida was raised by a community of crafters, kilim makers, furniture builders. It was here where her hands begin to learn the importance of craftsmanship and attention to detail. After the war, Behida moved to America to start a new life. While traveling in Italy, Behida first encountered & fell in love with early 20th Century American fashion, and began making hand-draped cloche hats. In 2003, she moved to San Francisco to finish her degree at San Francisco Art Institute. She currently lives and works in her millinery studio in Berkeley CA."

Are they not lovely?
I thought so. 
But my Belk hat will do for now ...
whether it be NYC or DC... we shall.. C.
Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment