3.29.2012

Craigslist Treasure.

The search has been on for a dresser to be used in the nursery as a changing table. One of my FAVORITE things to do is go treasure hunting. Give me an antique mall, flea market, garage sale, etc. (consignment shops are alright..) and I am good to go for the day! Seriously, I love it. And I'm finding that as I get older, treasure hunting for furniture comes in at numero uno... clothes a close second. However, having moved to the land of far far away... we have nothing of the sort. No treasure hunting to be done here unless we go out and pan for gold.

SO... as you might imagine finding a dresser for the nursery was a bit tricky. My sister Amanda just visited and we needed to pick her up in Denver... I for one, was not going to let this opportunity go to waste. I did my research on Denver's antique malls, Craigslist, and also dressers for sale on Etsy. After much deliberation, I found this dresser on Craigslist and decided I really like the looks of it. Tom and I drove straight to the sellers house when we got into Denver... Found out not only does it look nice, but is made well too! Tom's brother-in-law has a big hand in Thomasville furniture... and low and behold... it's a Thomasville dresser! Currently Tom is stripping it and we are painting it to match the nursery. What a treasure... and only a hundred! I can't wait to see it in the nursery!! :D



Happy treasure hunter.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment