1.12.2012

Daddy's Girls.

...Momma's girls too! I wouldn't trade my parents for the world! If you've known me for awhile chances are you've seen me wear a necklace with a pendant of a leaf dipped in gold. A long time ago Dad came home from a business trip with this necklace and a pair of matching earrings for my Mom. I remember being a little girl and always asking to try on my grandmother's rings... So it was no surprise when this jewelry set (never worn by my mom) made it's way to college with me. Well I started wearing the necklace, but not really the earrings. That's when my sister Megan said she would like to have one of the earrings and make it into a necklace. Great idea! I graciously gave Mom's earrings away to Meg and Amanda and soon we were all sporting gold leaf necklaces!

Now... I dont know if your Dad is like mine, but typically Dad did not have much to do with Christmas present shopping. Probably a good thing, as Mom always knew best. However, the past two years Dad has made big hits with his girls.

Christmas 2010 - Dad bought us all silver leaf necklaces - big hit.. What a sweet and thoughtful gift for the typical "black bag" Christmas gifter. I once received odor eater balls for my tennis shoes.


Christmas 2011 - Dad took his Christmas charm a step further by custom ordering us River rock necklaces. The three smaller stones represent my sisters and I and the longer stone is for our Mom. Mom got a necklace too, but with one extra stone for sweet Nicky Boy.

I LOVE IT!
Thanks Dad!!
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment