4.01.2010

Asheville+Spring=Lover-ly

Fresh from a fabulous weekend, in the coolest mountain spot I know, I am in love with spring. Everything about it. The welcomed warmth it brings. The cotton candy colored blossoms on the trees. A bird song, or two, or three. And of course, a pair of shorts!

During our Asheville adventure Michael and I slumbered at the Sheraton. The great thing about that was that we could walk just about anywhere ~ and we did. After check in, we got ready for a fun night out on the town and hit the streets. First things first, food, and to be more exact: pizza. We love love love our pizza. As amature pizza conosours, we have to say, the Mellow Mushroom is one of our favorite eats. Typically we go for a pepperoni and pineapple combo ~ but in lue of our adventurous spirit decided to throw some jalapenos on it, too. (delish!) Then, washing our pizza down with a pitcher of brew, we were off to the main event! TEA LEAF GREEN! The night air was cool, as we wandered our way towards a familiar friend: The Orange Peel. I've been going to see shows at the Orange Peel since I was a sophomore in high school. I love live music and adding Tea Leaf to my O.P. collection was rad. Their upbeat vibe and fresh vocals made for the perfect spring concert. We met new friends, jammed front row, had a beer or two and made a merry time of it all.

{the line up at the peel}


{mellow mushroom outdoor patio decor}


Friday night ended with a smile and a song and Saturday began with coffee, shorts and boots. Next step ~ brunch! Michael and I met up with one of my dearest sweetest kindest friends, Amy Beth. She is a breath of fresh air. The three of us ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe. The wait was long, but Amy Beth and I had some catching up to do, plus it was soo worth it. If you're ever in Asheville you should eat here. Michael ordered a screwdriver, Amy Beth a mimosa, and for myself a water (saving the dinero for the good stuff)... Good stuff = "Brian's Shrimp and Grits" = seven large shrimp served over goat cheese grits in a spicy roasted red pepper sauce. Check out their menu! ...AND... not to mention, they served the best biscuits and jam that I've EVER had. (and I scarfed down two of them.. wishing I had one right now ~ that kind of good!) The company, food and conversation was lovely. You gotta love a place where the sides are coined, "fresh farm sides." Once our bellies were full of Tupelo Honey goodness, we parted ways with Amy Beth, and set our sights on the city ~ and oh! there was so much to see!!

{brian's shrimp and grits, at tupelo honey}


Having gone to college just 45 minutes away from Asheville... I knew the direction I wanted to take our downtown stroll. And that was Lexington Avenue. My favorite Ashevillian, fashion guru and longtime college comrad, Danielle, had introduced me to this heaven years back. The rest is history. I'm the kind of person who judges a city's downtown by window displays. Asheville is the king and Lexington Avenue, its fortress. Hours passed on this quarter mile stretch of shopping delight. Michael and I wove in and out of almost every shop, gallery, and boutique... inspiration was around every corner. Each stop was bright with the freshness of spring. Here are some pictures of my freshest finds:

{lg gallery, i love a good painter}


{kress emporium: slices of tree w/ a fun twist}


{kress emporium}


{tera nostra decor ~ amazing furniture all over}


{lexington ave. flare}


{mountain lights, beautiful artistry}


{mountain lights, fairy tale fun mirror}


{chatsworth art & antiques, my favorite kind of find}


This was was the spring day of all spring days. amazing.
For more adventuring on your own visit Asheville or follow the links.
{some vendors don't have direct websites ~ so i've linked contact info}
enjoy!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment