4.26.2010

Scrabble Picnic?

Did you know....
A) that Michael and I are competitive Scrabble players.
B) Scrabble rule book amendment: the use of proper nouns is now permitted?!!
C) Michael likes animal crackers.

It's true. On the eve of the breaking news, when I would tell Michael about the new rule change, I knew he wouldn't believe me. We are what you might call, Scrabble enthusiasts. You can find us any given weekend, either in Chapin or Rutherfordton, in a full fledged battle over double letter score spaces. (I won't even get started on the triple letter..) These are no light competitions. Neither one of us like to lose. Through practice, we've actually gotten pretty good, which makes it that much more of a fight to the finish. We've memorized most of the rules, but are still working on the memorization of the two letter word list (very key by the way). Honestly, over the past year we've probably played at least 60 games or so. Some couples have a song, or a restaurant - we have a game. And though it is old fashioned, and long, and kinda boring... we love it! A couple of weekends ago Michael was visiting and we knocked out two "Scrabble firsts" in one weekend. Our first game using proper nouns and the first game played on the lake! It was fun. I got to use the name Tracy and got a tan.. yeah. Oh, and Michael won..

{ mid move }

{ fancy letters }

{ the defeated }

{ victory }

Oh, what a picnic!
I can't believe I let him win.

- Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment