4.15.2010

Photo Shoot..

{ amanda, at the end of the shoot }

When my sister, Megan, asked me to take her bridal portraits I was sooo excited! I love taking pictures. Who doesn't? I always find myself framing my surroundings, just so. If I had an invisible cloak ~ I would take pictures all the time. I refrain from doing so, as to not look like a camera crazed weirdo. But, as we got closer to the day of the shoot, I scouted out locations like it was my job. (and it was)... but so much fun. Picture bubbles floated above my head for days.

The day arrived. I was nervous, an unexpected feeling. Amanda, my other sister, and I were riding along in the Jeep when that nervous feeling first occurred to me. We were on our way to 701 Whaley, the venue for Meg's wedding reception, and location of the first half of the shoot. Mom, Meg, Me and Amanda walked in, zipped Meg up in her dress (!!) and it began. I took the first 5 pictures - and that is when I realized - I. am. taking. my. sisters. bridal. portraits. These would be some of the most important pictures of my sister's life. I instantly felt foolish for thinking I was skilled enough to do the job. That fear, became a challenge - and I liked it. The most difficult thing about 701 Whaley was that it was Megan, hardwood floors, big windows and some walls. And everything was near the same color. Light and bright and fresh. Beautiful, but difficult!! I started taking pictures and not even looking at them, just clicking away... by the end of it all I had bruised up knees and a sweaty forehead. It was work, but I knew we had some great ones! For 2 hours I looked through a lens of a camera and saw only Megan. She was beautiful.

The second half of the photo shoot was my favorite. The locations I scouted and the picture bubbles coming to life. We live out on the end of a very long and quite rural road: Amicks Ferry. Though it is long, we love it. One house in particular has always been our favorite. Earlier in the week I went and spoke with the owner about coming to his property and taking pictures. He met me with such enthusiasm and shared some of his stories of growing up as a young boy on the very land we stood on... when the road, wasn't a road at all. When we got there, he had spruced it all up for us. :) Mom, Megan, Amanda and I popped a bottle of champagne, put some cowboy boots on and had a hay of a time moving from spot to spot. I have to say Mom and Amanda made the best photography crew ever. Laying down sheets and getting everything just right. We got some great shots!! But after a poof of pollen dropped right on the front of Meg's dress, I knew my minutes were being counted. The rule for the day: What Megan says, goes. So I got all the shots I could in the time I had. I could've gone on for hours.

The last shots I took that day were at a place that I really wanted to take Megan, but she was done. And that was fair. So, I took Amanda there instead. Since I can't put the pictures up of Megan yet, I thought I'd share these last few frames of the day. Can't wait to share more!!
enjoy!

{ i love this truck. }

{ and a fun prop }

Come back after 06.25.2010.

and I'll share with you, sister Megan.

- Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment